UPDATE: See the rebuild/remodeled home here.
Fire is supposed to confine itself to the fireplace, but in this home in Dexter, only one year old, flames reached out of a defective fireplace to engulf the middle section of this home. The owners escaped unharmed, and the fire was extinguished, only to reignite less than 24 hours later (again without injuries).
Acheson Builders came to the rescue (after the Fire Department of course) and planned out and conducted a campaign of removal, clean-up, and reconstruction of only the damaged portion, carefully following insurance company-provided inspectors’ professional Structural Engineering Report.
Beyond replacing damaged structural elements such as roof joists and rebuilding the whole middle section — with a new fireplace — the entire house required new interior finishes.
The new trusses are in, the walls put back together, paint and custom finish work throughout completed so now the owners can once again, shuck off their outdoor duds in the new four-cubby mudroom and gather around the indoor-outdoor fireplace to once again enjoy their beautiful home.
Come See It – 2018 Remodelers Tour (Sept 29 & 30)
See for yourself the quality of Acheson Builders’ work by touring the home at Remodelers Home Tour 2018, one of nine homes being shown by Builders and Remodelers Association of Greater Ann Arbor (BRAG Ann Arbor).
Don’t forget to check out the newly remodeled basement, which became a secondary portion of this project.
Here is a preview of the Tour:[Not a valid template]