Acheson Builders is currently looking for talented candidates for the following positions:
- Project Manager — Description below, apply for this position here.
- Bookkeeper — Description below, apply for this position here.
MAJOR CAREER OPPORTUNITY with highly respected building company in Ann Arbor, Michigan! (See About Us to learn more about our company.)
Professional remodeler and custom home builder looking for a project manager who can:
- coordinate active construction jobs, schedule subcontractors, interface with our own carpenters and crew
- price, locate, and order materials as needed
- ensure that projects are completed in a timely fashion according to specifications, drawings, etc.
- communicate with homeowners and keep them up-to-date on all aspects of jobs, manage change order options, etc.
. . . AND, down the road a bit, potentially take on major responsibilities as the owner phases into retirement. Possibility for general management role or ownership for the right person.
Apply for this position here
— Substantial background in residential construction and remodeling including some field experience
— Proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints
— Estimating for residential construction experience
— Excellent communications skills (including writing and phone use)
— Organizational and follow-through skills
— Computer proficiency
— Team leadership experience
— Customer relations and people skills
— An eye for detail
— Legal Michigan Driver license
— A passion to meet the client’s needs while protecting the viability and earnings of the company
This is a challenging and varied position for a self-motivated, dedicated, and responsible person.
Roughly half (or more) office work and half field work (field work being supervision and oversight of job quality; hands-on work is generally not required, but it may be needed on occasion).
Please mail resume and letter of interest in reply to this posting. No phone calls, please; we will contact you.
Excellent wage and benefit package, commensurate with experience
Approx $50K to $85K — DOE
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing projects within the budget, timeline, and scope. They will also effectively monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members.
- Set project timeline
- Monitor project deliverables
- Update relevant stakeholders or team members on the project progress
- Coach and support project team members with tasks you assign them
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong business acumen in project planning and management
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
Apply for this position here
Acheson Builders is currently seeking a motivated, full-charge Professional Bookkeeper and Office Assistant to join our team!
- Enter accounts payable, including detailed job costing
- Prepare AR invoices and enter accounts receivable in accounting software.
- Make collection calls.
- Enter Budgets for job costs
- Prepare job reports.
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Cut checks and prepare lien waivers
- Enter new employees in accounting software
- Handle Payroll and all tax forms, payments and filing
- Work with other employees who have questions and need financial data.
- Work with vendors and establish new accounts.
- Maintain all financial records associated with fixed assets
- Check the accuracy of business transactions
- Help track cash flow and timely payments to vendors
- Perform administrative duties: typing, filing, some phone answering, maintaining digital and physical job folders, help track all customer leads and assist in follow-up in a timely fashion
- Maintain online project management tasks such as: posting invoices, handling payments, creating and handling documents, and communicating with clients
- Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills
- Self directed and able to work in small office environment
Apply for this position here.